In Nancy Duarte’s first and great book “slide:ology” she shows a vivid timeline of the history of Visual Aids – with PowerPoint dominating since 1987. If she had written this book 20 years ago, perhaps we wouldn’t have the PowerPoint Abuse we have today. Nancy leads us now – and shows us how to create engaging and compelling visual support for our messages. Get her interview here.
I repeat what I said in the forward to her book, “It’s more than slides and design – it’s about communications and inspiration. And this book will help anyone – beginner or top professional – to get to the top of their game.”
Read these good reviews – I couldn’t detail it as well – and then click on Amazon and get the book:
- Presentation Zen – (This is a great review!) “should come bundled with every copy of PowerPoint“
- The Extreme Presentation – “nine neat insights from among several in the book”
- Squared Peg.com – “jam packed with information”
- Presentations Roundtable – “you need this book”
- Six Minutes – (Also a great review) “a classic reference text for presentation skills”
- VizThink – “We were so excited about the book, we had to do a podcast”
If you scan all these reviews, and don’t get the book, you’re not on the right blog!
And Nancy has a great new blog too.