The need for greater empathy in leadership and managerial communications is perhaps the most pressing challenge created by the new world of virtual work. Leaders across the entire organization must adopt a more listener-focused and personal style of communicating—one based on empathy that is practiced and purposefully cultivated in every conversation and meeting. Meaningful Conversations explains how to shift your mindset and approach to having conversations with greater empathy.
In this course, you’ll learn how to:
- Model the behaviors that determine empathy and trust
- Learn the conversational pathways for navigating difficult conversations
- Incorporate regular connection points into your regular communications cadence of weekly standups, monthly meetings, etc.
- Listen for and acknowledge the “why” behind tough questions
- Design your meetings to focus on others and gain active involvement
- Lead with curiosity over judgment by seeing the best in the individual
- Create a psychologically safe space for others to speak freely and disagree
- Learn how to respond in a way that affirms and acknowledges, while also moving things forward
Virtual or in-person
Large Group Format up to 150. Small group with 1:1 coaching up to 30.